Anne and Christopher Rice: The Wolves of Midwinter and The Heavens Rise Booksigning
Sunday, October 27th
Ticketed Event - Tickets are provided with purchase of Anne or Chris' new book (Book Release dates: October 15, 2013). You CAN purchase the book and receive a ticket the morning of the booksigning.
Quick answers to a few questions:
* We cannot hold books if you are attending the booksigning. You must purchase the books sometime on or before the day of the signing.
- If you don't live in New Orleans and are attending the signing, we can ship the book to you on the release date with a ticket (bring them with you) or you can purchase them the day of the signing and receive a ticket. Please do not wait to the release date to order the book if you want it shipped.
* Only one (1) outside book can be brought in to be signed. This is a ticketed event and one of Anne or Chris' new book must be purchased to get a ticket.
* We are taking mail orders for signed copies of Wolves of Midwinter and The Heavens Rise, for signature only – no personalization.
The Wolves of Midwinter: The tale of THE WOLF GIFT continues . . .The novel opens on a cold, gray landscape. It is the beginning of December. Oak fires are burning in the stately flickering hearths of Nideck Point. It is Yuletide. For Reuben Golding, now infused with the wolf gift and under the loving tutelage of the Morphenkinder, this Christmas promises to be like no other . . . as he soon becomes aware that the Morphenkinder, steeped in their own rituals, are also celebrating the Midwinter Yuletide festival deep within Nideck forest.
From out of the shadows of the exquisite mansion comes a ghost—tormented, imploring, unable to speak yet able to embrace and desire with desperate affection . . . As Reuben finds himself caught up with the passions and yearnings of this spectral presence and the preparations for the Nideck town Christmas reach a fever pitch, astonishing secrets are revealed, secrets that tell of a strange netherworld, of spirits—centuries old—who possess their own fantastical ancient histories and taunt with their dark, magical powers . . .
The Heavens Rise: My name is Niquette Delongpre and on the night before my mother’s forty-seventh birthday, my entire family vanished without a trace. Everyone assumed the swamp swallowed them. They were wrong. The real story begins weeks earlier, in the very soil of the place we called Elysium, which means “final resting place for the heroic and virtuous.” An ironic name, given that the secret unearthed there has the potential to change the course of human history.
Deep in the swamps outside of New Orleans, Niquette Delongpre and her family uncover a well on their property—a well that has roots all the way down into the soils of the Mississippi River. A well that brings ancient things to the surface—things that should have stayed buried.
When Niquette is exposed to a small parasite, it triggers in her mysterious and dangerous powers. As she tries to come to grips with these new abilities and what they might mean for her future, she realizes that she is not alone. Someone else, someone who was exposed to the same mysterious parasite during a clandestine visit to the swamp Niquette would rather keep secret, also is discovering his new talents, and he’s not as nice as she is…
Anne and Christopher Rice sign their books, The Wolves of Midwinter and The Heavens Rise, respectively.
If you are unable to attend, you must call the book shop to order signed books.
- Garden District Book Shop
- 2727 Prytania Street
- New Orleans ,
- Postal Code:
- United States