Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery series.
- #1: What Angels Fear: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: When Gods Die: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.79
- #3: Why Mermaids Sing: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.79
- #4: Where Serpents Sleep: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: What Remains of Heaven: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Paperback): $16.50
- #6: Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #7: When Maidens Mourn: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.79
- #8: What Darkness Brings (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #9: Why Kings Confess (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #10: Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $27.45
- #11: When Falcons Fall (Hardcover): $26.00
- #13: Why Kill the Innocent (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #14: Who Slays the Wicked (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #14) (Paperback): $16.00
- #15: Who Speaks for the Damned (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #15) (Paperback): $17.00
- #16: What the Devil Knows (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #17: When Blood Lies (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #17) (Hardcover): $26.00
In the latest mystery from the national bestselling author of When Falcons Fall, the gruesome murder of a young boy takes Sebastian St. Cyr from the gritty streets of London to the glittering pleasure haunts of the aristocracy...
London, 1813. Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, is no stranger to the dark side of the city, but he’s never seen anything like this: the brutalized body of a fifteen-
year-old boy dumped into a makeshift grave on the grounds of an abandoned factory.
One of London’s many homeless children, Benji Thatcher was abducted and tortured before his murder—and his younger sister is still missing. Few in authority care about a street urchin’s fate, but Sebastian refuses to let this killer go unpunished.
Uncovering a disturbing pattern of missing children, Sebastian is drawn into a shadowy, sadistic world. As he follows a grim trail that leads from the writings of the debauched Marquis de Sade to the city’s most notorious brothels, he comes to a horrifying realization: someone from society’s upper echelon is preying upon the city’s most vulnerable. And though dark, powerful forces are moving against him, Sebastian will risk his reputation and his life to keep more innocents from harm...
About the Author
C. S. Harris is the national bestselling author of more than twenty novels, including the Sebastian St. Cyr Mysteries, featuring When Falcons Fall, Who Buries the Dead, Why Kings Confess, and What Darkness Brings; as C. S. Graham, a thriller series coauthored by former intelligence officer Steven Harris; and seven award-winning historical romances written under the name Candice Proctor.
Praise for When Falcons Fall
“Harris’ talent for character development, polished prose, and accurate, Regency-era details makes this eleventh or any of the previous 10 an easy starting point for newcomers to the Sebastian St. Cyr series...Psychologically atmospheric like Imogen Robertson’s Westerman and Crowther mysteries, with the skewering social wit of Anne Perry's Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novels, this is historical mystery at its best.”—Booklist (starred review)
“An engrossing tangled mystery and astonishing tale about a tragic search for identity. An excellent choice for St. Cyr fans and readers of historical mysteries.”—Library Journal
“Strong...[an] intricate murder puzzle.”—Publishers Weekly
Praise for the Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery Series
“This riveting historical tale of tragedy and triumph, with its sly nods to Jane Austen and her characters, will enthrall you.”—Sabrina Jeffries, New York Times bestselling author
“Sebastian St. Cyr is everything you could want in a Regency-era nobleman-turned–death investigator: uncannily clever, unwaveringly reserved, and irresistibly sexy. The entire series is simply elegant.”—Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“Thoroughly enjoyable . . . Moody and atmospheric, exposing the dark underside of Regency London.”—Deanna Raybourn, New York Times bestselling author