Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Charlie Joe Jackson Series series.
- #1: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading (Charlie Joe Jackson Series #1) (Paperback): $8.99
- #2: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Extra Credit (Charlie Joe Jackson Series #2) (Paperback): $10.99
- #3: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation (Charlie Joe Jackson Series #3) (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Planet Girl (Charlie Joe Jackson Series #5) (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Growing Up (Charlie Joe Jackson Series #6) (Paperback): $10.99
Charlie Joe's weekly allowance just isn't cutting it and he desperately needs money to buy a Botman, the latest gadget to sweep his middle school. Only catch is, he wants to earn the money by doing the least amount of work possible. After several failed attempts, including a near disastrous day of dog-walking, Charlie Joe hatches a plan to throw his own bar mitzvah (no gifts please—checks only) even though he's not Jewish. Hilarity ensues when throwing a fake coming-of-age party turns out to be much harder than it looks.
Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Making Money by Tommy Greenwald is laugh out loud funny, and full of amusing illustrations that fit perfectly with the story.
About the Author
Tommy Greenwald has enjoyed reading all his life, which is why he's appalled that his kids Charlie, Joe and Jack, would prefer getting a dental check-up to checking out a book. After years of pleading, threatening, and bribing, Tommy finally decided the only way to get his kids to read was to write a book about how to get out of reading. The result was Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading. And they read it! (So they say.) The Executive Creative Director at SPOTCO, an entertainment advertising agency in New York City, Tommy lives in Connecticut with his wife, Cathy; his non-reading sons, Charlie, Joe and Jack; and his dogs, Moose and Coco.
JP Coovert lives in Cincinnati, Ohio where he uses his time making as much rad artwork as possible. On the side, he co-runs a record and comic label called One Percent Press. He's written and drawn almost 50 comics, including his ongoing series, Simple Routines. JP Wants to create cool stuff forever, like illustrating every animal on the planet, creating a library full of kids books, and painting a mural on the moon!