Usually Ships in 5-7 Days
Other Books in Series
- #1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition (Illustrated): The Illustrated Edition (Hardcover): $39.99
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Illustrated) (Hardcover): $39.99
- #3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Hardcover): $26.99
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Hardcover): $29.99
- #5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hardcover): $29.99
- #6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $34.99
From J.K. Rowling, a classic Hogwarts Library book, and the perfect addition to the bookshelf of every Harry Potter fan.The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J.K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore.Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot," "The Fountain of Fair Fortune," "The Warlock's Hairy Heart," "Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump," and of course "The Tale of the Three Brothers." But not only are they the equal of fairy tales we know and love, reading them gives new insight into the wizarding world.
About the Author
J.K. Rowling is the author of the bestselling Harry Potter series of seven books, published between 1997 and 2007, which have sold over 450 million copies worldwide, are distributed in more than 200 territories and translated into 79 languages, and have been turned into eight blockbuster films by Warner Bros. She has written three companion volumes to the series in aid of charity: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in aid of Comic Relief; and The Tales of Beedle the Bard in aid of her children's charity Lumos. Her website and e-publisher Pottermore is the digital hub of the Wizarding World. She has recently collaborated with writer Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany on the stage play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two, which is now running at The Palace Theatre in London's West End. J.K. Rowling is also the author of a novel for adult readers, The Casual Vacancy, and, under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, is the author of three crime novels featuring private detective Cormoran Strike, which are to be adapted for BBC television. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut.