Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
- #1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: MinaLima Edition (Harry Potter, Book 1) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $37.99
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Hardcover): $39.99
- #3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Hardcover): $29.99
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $47.99
- #5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hardcover): $32.99
- #6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $32.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $37.99
Essential reading for Latin learners the world over! The second book in J.K. Rowling's classic Harry Potter series is available in Latin. Lovers of the language and students alike will delight in Peter Needham's cleverly witty translation. Reissued with stunning new Jonny Duddle cover art, Harrius Potter et Camera Secretorum is sure to captivate a new generation.
About the Author
J.K. Rowling is best known as the author of the seven Harry Potter books, which were published between 1997 and 2007. The enduringly popular adventures of Harry, Ron and Hermione have gone on to sell over 500 million copies, be translated into over 80 languages and made into eight blockbuster films. Alongside the Harry Potter series, she also wrote three short companion volumes for charity: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, in aid of Comic Relief and Lumos, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in aid of Lumos. J.K. Rowling collaborated with playwright Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany to continue Harry's story in a stage play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which opened in London in 2016 and is now playing worldwide. In the same year, she made her debut as a screenwriter with the film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the first in a series featuring Magizoologist Newt Scamander, which was inspired by the original companion volume. J.K. Rowling has also written a standalone novel, The Casual Vacancy, and is the author of the Strike crime series under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. Both have been adapted for television. In 2020 J.K. Rowling returned to publishing for younger children with the fairy tale The Ickabog, the royalties from which she is donating to groups affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Her latest children's novel The Christmas Pig, a standalone adventure story, was published in 2021. She has received many awards and honours, including an OBE and a Companion of Honour for services to literature and philanthropy. She lives in Scotland with her family.
Peter Needham taught Classics at Eton for over 30 years. He has also translated Paddington Bear into Latin, 'Ursus Nomine Paddington.' He lives in Slough, in England.