Usually Ships in 5-7 Days
Caspian Finds a Friend is an imaginative picture book about how the power to change our world lies within ourselves.
Caspian lives in a lighthouse surrounded by a cold gray-blue sea—every day, he watches, wishing for a friend, but no one comes. So, Caspian decides that wishing is not enough.
What follows is a friendship story between a boy and a bear that is tender, warm, and perfect for gift-giving.
• Features lyrical text and evocative illustrations
• Teaches the lesson about how reaching out to others can change everything
• Story is fresh yet enduring and familiar
Caspian Finds a Friend is a warm and evocative storybook that strikes a universal chord.
Featuring a cuddly bear and a relatable protagonist, this picture book is perfect for gift-giving and bedtime snuggles for children between the ages 4 and 7 years old.
• A wonderful gift for parents, grandparents, teachers, educators, librarians, and those looking for a stunning story about making friends
• The perfect gift for your little reader who loves bears
• Great for fans of Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller, Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick, and Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
About the Author
Jacqueline Véissid can often be found staring out at the sea, wishing for a new picture book idea. She lives in Hull, Massachusetts. This is her second book.
Merrilees Brown studied fine art painting and drawing as well as documentary photography. Originally from London, she now lives in Philadelphia. This is her first book.
"A lonely little boy wishes for a friend and bravely takes steps to find one in Jacqueline Véissid and Merrilees Brown's dreamlike picture book."—Shelf Awareness
"[B]eautiful. an extraordinary adventure."—Booklist
"The striking, stylized art and text work perfectly together to create a whimsical, nonthreatening story that still has plenty of action and adventure-with the bonus of not one interfering grown-up... Bedtime or naptime perfection."—Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review
"A quote by Rumi ("What you seek is seeking you") sets the stage for this gentle story about friendship and longing. Beautiful illustrations and a sweet story warrant purchase of this dream-like adventure, perfect for bedtime and small group sharing." —School Library Journal