Celebrate Small Business Saturday and Indies First with Us
Join the Fun!
Justin Devillier signs his book, The New Orleans Kitchen: Classic Recipes and Modern Techniques for an Unrivaled Cuisine, 1-3PM. Justin will bring goodies to taste.
With its uniquely multicultural, multi-generational, and unapologetically obsessive food culture, New Orleans has always ranked among the world’s favorite cities for people who love to eat and cook. But classic New Orleans cooking is neither easily learned nor mastered. More than thirty years ago, beloved Paul Prudhomme taught the ways of Crescent City cooking but, even in tradition-steeped New Orleans, classic recipes have evolved and fans of what is arguably the most popular regional cuisine in America are ready for an updated approach.
- New This year - Shop Adore to Door encourages consumers to explore New Orleans neighborhoods throughout the city and discover and support local retailers that make our city unique. Increase foot traffic and sales during this critical holiday season by partnering with Adore Magazine to drive new customers into your store this Small Business Saturday. The rules of the game are simple: participating shoppers visit and make purchases from featured retailers (including Garden District Book Shop), getting stamps on their passport to earn entries for prizes over the course of the day.
PROMOTION • Adore Magazine will have a two-page spread with the rules of engagement and a map of participating businesses in their holiday edition, publishing in The Times-Picayune/New Orleans Advocate on Black Friday. • There will be an interactive map on NolaAdore.com of all locations and it will be promoted with stories on the site and on our social media channels. • On Saturday, November 30th, The Times-Picayune/New Orleans Advocate will have a pull-off wrap around the front of the paper with the map and details to drive participants into the participating businesses the day of the event.
Present a receipt from another local small business (dated 11.30.19) and get 10% off your purchase.
*Spend $30.00 and select a pre-publication copy of a book for free.
*Spend $50.00 and select a free tote bag.
*While supplies last.
Why Shop Local? To Support and Sustain our Community.
- Spend $100 at a local business and $68 of that stays in our community. Spend the same $100 at a chain, and our community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- Independent businesses obey the law and collect state sales tax, which is reinvested in communities and bolsters state budget deficits.
• Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
• Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify our community.
• Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
• Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
• More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.